Q:5, 6, 15
5. what inspires you to write?
This is actually a very complex answer, mainly because the answer is literally anything. I can take inspiration from ANYTHING. Songs, movies, scenes around me (i.e. people watching/listening), conversations with friends. Literally. Anything.
Just to use as an example, in ACC #9 right after Cassie dies, Tommy tells Nate to “Calm himself.” And I literally got the visual image of a Jedi Tommy waving his hand in the air trying the Jedi mind trick to get Nate to calm down. I ended up writing an entire AU out of those three little words. But a lot of times it’s Music or stuff my friends say. XD
6. thoughts on critique
I love critiques. Love them. Because I know I’m not perfect, and I’ve always sucked at grammar and spelling and I’m pretty much self taught in the writing aspect of things. So when someone takes the time to sit down and tell me what I can do to be better, it makes my day.
That is, of course, if it’s respectful. I believe that you receive what you deal out. If you’re going to leave me a lengthy message about how my writing sucks and how I have no plot or whatever excuse you decide to use, it will fall on deaf ears. Because I usually block those people out.
15. Do you enjoy writing explicit material?
Yes I do. A lot actually. I find that writing material that deals with triggers is easier for me. It’s easier to get into the person’s head for me to convey what they are thinking and feeling. Ask anyone I write with. If we’re moving through a dark time in the RP/Story, my replies are often no shorter than three paragraphs long. All because the connection between my character and I is so strong.
Now, if you’re talking about smut, then yes, I still like it, but I often feel like I repeat myself too much. It’s something that I’m really struggling with, and I hope that one day soon I can figure out how to keep from repeating the same thing over and over.
just a simple little thing for you guys to do with me. put a number in my askbox and i’ll answer accordingly.
the mission, should you accept it, is to stay positive about your writing and yourself, but to also be fair about your shortcomings.
- of the fic you’ve written, which are you most proud of?
- favorite tense (past/present/future)
- favorite POV (first/second/third/etc)
- what are some themes you love writing about?
- what inspires you to write?
- thoughts on critique
- create a character on the spot…. NOW!
- is there a character you love writing for the most? the least? why?
- a passage from a WIP
- what are your strengths wrt writing?
- what are your weaknesses wrt writing?
- what’s your favorite place for writing resources?
- who are your favorite writers?
14. What is your favorite genre?
15. Do you enjoy writing explicit material?
16. Do you have any writing quirks?
17. Of the fic you’ve written, which are you least proud of?
18. What fandoms (other than the ones you’re already active in) would you want to write for?
19. What was your first fanfic?
20. Do you write original fiction? If so, briefly describe your current project.
Since it doesn’t look like anyone’s getting arrested today what do you say we put sex back on the table?
Sterek AU: Stiles is excited to finally get to do some real undercover work. All he has to do is seduce a man into agreeing to pay to have sex with him. Shouldn’t be too hard… right?
Derek is part of an ongoing investigation into a human trafficking ring. Tonight he has the fun job of rounding up sex workers to see if any of them have any information on their bosses.
This is what happens when people don’t read their inter-agency memos. Chaos.
Based on this post
No, the confusion made me giggle like CRAZY. I love it!
Yeaaaah well it was definitely one of my most embaressing moments of my life XD
1. When and how did you realize you were madly in love with me? Please show your work.
Teenage Wasteland. That was really what struck me the most. I literally was glued to my computer for DAYS because I couldn’t finish the chapters before work and was constantly thinking about it when I was away from my computer (I still do), And just…JFDKHGJFDG I love it and yet ‘love’ is such a severely in aduate description of my feelings for this peace. Don’t even get me started on Space Oditiy.
But more than it being a good story, I was (and again, still am) struck by how deeply you know these characters as well as how bloody brilliant your writing style is. I look up to you in so many ways. So. Many. Ways.
2. What Disney song most encapsulates you/your life?
"Almost There" - The Princess and the Frog
3. Weirdest place you’ve ever made whoopie.
In my 7th grade math class, during a test.
4. Do you feel like a grownup? Why or why not?
I think I am. After all, I’ve matured, I no longer think like I used to, I understand more. A lot of people who don’t know how old I am usually put me about ten years younger than my actual age. Not because I don’t know how to act serious, but because I’m not afraid to let loose and act like a kid. Maturity has nothing to do with age and everything to do with understanding. So yes, I perceive myself as an adult, even if a lot of other people don’t.
People don’t stop playing because they’re old, they are old because they stopped playing.
5. Would you rather live on a colony in space (in a dome on a planet not suitable for human life) or underwater?
Underwater. I always wanted to be a mermaid when I was younger. I still do in a lot of ways XD
6. What superpower would you most want to have?
Flying. Hands down. And not because it would save me on gas or maintaining/buying a car (though that would help). I’d want to fly because the world is such a beautiful place, and most of us miss it in our day to day activities. In our rush to get where we’re going we miss how the sun falls through the trees or the rainbow that is filtering through the rain.
It’s one of the reasons why I love taking planes when I travel. Because at 30,000 the world looks peaceful. There are no wars, no illness, no famine, no casualties, no fighting or death or strife of any kind. It’s simply beautiful. It simply is. And that is something (if I could) I would give my right arm to experience every day.
7. What is the title of the story of your life?
I’m not Broken, Just Bent
8. Do you tell people in RL that you’re in fandom?
Yes! You’d be surprised how many people are closet fandom members and are too afraid to admit it. I’m proud to say I’m a Star Wars Junkie, or I am a proud Hufflepuff, or a Proud Disney Nerd. It’s so easy just to be yourself, and I’ve learned that even if they think less of me for it, that it only makes me love my fandoms even more.
9. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever written or done in your fannish life?
Oh god. Ok, so I was never as good with writing as I am now. Only one person on this Earth knows how bad I was. And I hope to god that those works NEVER see the light of day. I myself can’t even read them without wanting to get sick. You all now have the pleasure of knowing they exist. Now know that you will never see them. Ever.
10. Star Wars or Star Trek?
STAR WARS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! Back in the day (before the syfy channel was known as the syfy channel) Episodes 4, 5, and 6 would play every weekend. 4 on Friday, 5 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. My family and I would watch the marathon EVERY WEEKEND religiously and this went on for like, 6 months. Needless to say, I was there, head in my hands, eyes wide and a smile on my face every weekend because Star Wars was coming on. I couldn’t be a bigger Star Wars Junkie if I tried. XD
11. Would you, could you, with a fox?
No. Definitely not, lol
Now for my Questions:
- What is your favorite Genre of music?
- If you could have an all expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you want to go and why?
- Have you met anyone on Tumblr in RL?
- Do you believe there is an afterlife?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- Warm or Cold weather? Why?
- Your favorite Disney Movie? (or movie in Gen if you don’t like Disney)
- What was your favorite Book series growing up?
- What is one of your favorite hobbies?
- What are you most known for according to your peers? (work, RL friends, or in general)